Search This Blog

Monday 3 November 2014

A RIGHT PASTING!
Today I discovered a NODA review of a production of one of my scripts, which refers to a “schoolroom scene”. This is news to me, since I didn’t write it. It didn’t get there by accident. Person or persons unknown must have made it up, and sneaked it into the script.

As I have mentioned before, on the reverse of the title page of all my scripts are ‘IMPORTANT NOTES’ with the instruction, ‘PLEASE READ CAREFULLY’. Note number ‘5’ clearly states…

“No alteration to the title or script should be made without the author’s consent. All approved alterations of or suggestions for the script become the authors’ property.”

I received no communication from anyone requesting consent for the inclusion of a schoolroom scene. It would appear that not one person in the company, or on the committee, had the gumption to say, “Hang on a minute… we’ll have to check that out with G.Wizz Promotions”. It’s naughty, and it’s haughty!

Would these amateur societies change Chekov, alter Alan Ayckbourn, or revise Rodgers and Hammerstein? I think not!

I’m as cross as two sticks, but I have a solution, dear reader.

In my blog, ‘WRITES AND WRONGS’ 29.11.2011, I suggested that one way of dealing with these toplofty transgressors would be to “go round and re-arrange their furniture.”

However, I have decided that’s too good for ‘em. So… I am going to get together a group of gagsters, and when the smart alec/alice is somewhere else, we’ll descend on their domicile and redo the décor. Using gallons of gunge, we’ll paper the place in the style of a slosh scene from panto… with no splash spared!


Thus the whirligig of time brings in his revenges! 

No comments:

Post a Comment