Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 October 2014

HIT OR MISS?

Here’s a by-the-way…

I am quite keen on baseball, and currently the 2014 World Series is under way, featuring Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants. The first team to win four games of seven clinches the title.

Prior to the start of Game 5 of 2014 World Series on Sunday 26 October, some tattooed troglodyte sang "The Star-Spangled Banner", which is of course, the national anthem of the United States. Don’t ask me why they choose these chumps, but surprise, surprise…the gawk got the words wrong.

This crooner was completely unknown to me, but apparently he is a member of what is described as… an “alternative metal band”. What’s alternative to metal? Plastic? Balsa wood? Blancmange?

When Billy Connolly was asked, “Which words or phrases do you most overuse?” he replied, “Times may change but standards must remain. I use it at least once a day. I found it on an After Eight commercial and I use it when someone’s speaking too loud or throwing their weight about.”

Bully for you, Billy!

No comments:

Post a Comment